Wednesday, June 21, 2006

*
"In the immediate here and now we see the face of the Original Lord abiding in the heart center. Identify yourself with it, my spiritual children. Whoever denies it, wanting more from somewhere else, is like the one who has found their elephant but continues to follow its tracks. One may comb the three dimensions of the microcosmic world for an eternity, but will not find so much as the name of Buddha other than the one in their heart."
Shabkar Lama
*

*
"The Supreme Being dwelling in the cavity of the Heart-lotus is called the Lord of the Heart. If by meditating 'I myself am That' the conviction 'I am That' becomes as firmly established as is now the conviction 'I am the body', then ignorance will vanish just as darkness does before the sun."
Ramana Maharshi
*

4 Comments:

Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Both are so well said. And to think a guy from Martins Ferry knows all this stuff and can help others find their way. Wonderful Dan!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Mmmmm... abiding and dwelling in the Heart Center... Sounds like Home to me....

Bowing to Sri Shabkar Lama and Sri Ramana...

and... Sri Danji...!

7:01 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

And to Sri Lamana Kathiji!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

They are. And I know nothing, but thanks just the same, and it is wonderful, isn't it?

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home