Saturday, May 20, 2006

*
Nice exchange of comments regarding the previous post. I should leave more often.
I've been up north a bit in the beautiful little pocket of land on the Rio Grande called La Bolsa, in Embudo, near Taos, helping my friend of over a quarter century Eric Kolvig with a building project. A great group of Dharma friends involved in this. Eric, a Vipassana teacher, and I were long term yogis at Insight Meditation Society back in the years of its initial formation.
And is this building project, and La Bolsa, and all that's in it an illusion? An illusion is a concept, isn't it? That's why some say this phenomenal world is like an illusion. Chew on that.
And chew on this:
*
*Once a disciple asked Ma-Tsu, "Why do you say that this very mind is Buddha?" "In order to stop the crying of little children," Ma-Tsu replied. "When the crying has stopped, then what?" "Then I would say that this very mind which is Buddha is in reality neither mind nor Buddha." The disciple asked, "What would you say to those outside of those two levels of understanding?" "I would tell them that it is not a thing either," replied Ma-Tsu. "If you meet someone capable of the highest understanding, what would you say?" "I would simply tell that being to embody the Great Tao."
*
Okay. Back to work. Pray that I don't fall off the illusory roof and break my illusory neck.
LOVE!
*

2 Comments:

Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Thanhs for the illusory advice. LOL. Yes, enjoy your elevated view of the world from the roof. I suspect your perception of the world is different up there. Maybe a higher illusion? Again, LOL.

When you're ready, come on back to the illusory blog world where we talk about work instead of doing it.

PS: It has rained 12 out of the last 14 days and I am getting so hungry for some sunshine!

Love,

Don

4:51 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Well, thank you thank you. "I" seems to have survived. What a view from up there!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home