Monday, December 26, 2005

"Today I will judge nothing that occurs."

'I will be honest with myself today. I will not think that I already know what must remain beyond my present grasp. I will not think I understand the whole from bits of my perception, which are all that I can see. Today I recognize that this is so. And so I am relieved of judgments that I cannot make. Thus do I free myself and what I look upon, to be in peace...'
A Course In Miracles


This reminds me of the one about the native american medicine man who gets called to testify in court.
When he's asked "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?", he replies "I can't do that."
The judge turns to him angrily. "What do you mean you can't do that?!!"
The shaman smiles at the judge. "Your honor, I don't know the whole truth!"



3 Comments:

Blogger Bethie Marie said...

Yes!

What we "see" is only the tip
of the iceberg!

It's REALLY big.

Thank God for "A Course in Miracles"!

Blessings.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Thanks for the reminder, Dan. It takes a load off our shoulders, doesn't it?

Non-judgment requires us to re-train our minds. We are so conditioned to judge and pre-judge (prejudice) the world and our experiene of it.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Yep!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home