Friday, June 09, 2006

*
*"The phantoms were out there to get me but I wasn't afraid. ...I wanted to get mad...but somehow I couldn't get angry like I used to, so I gave up trying. Then I wanted to get sad...but I couldn't, so I gave up on that too.
*"Suddenly I realized...that there was nothing the phantoms could do to me. ...phantoms lurched out swiftly and tried to make me trip over the precipices, but my will was stronger than they were. They must have sensed that, because they stopped pestering me. After a while they simply stood by my path; from time to time some of them would leap towards me but I stopped them with my will. And then they quit bothering me altogether."
Don Genaro, in Carlos Castaneda's Journey To Ixtlan
*

3 Comments:

Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

So true. Thank you Dan Carlos Shimp! I really like this one.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Wow.. been a long time since I have heard from Don Genaro! Nice feeling of relief that comes with reading that... sometimes the phantoms... seem so real! But then, with such a craftsman as the "Self", wielding the paintbrush... what do we expect?! Nothing can touch This.. Nothing does touch This...

Thanks Dan...
Love!
K.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Thank you both, friends!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home